Ms. Gallego has over 19 years of experience working with health, high-tech and government organizations. Her direct work with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Federal Health Agencies to include the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) gives her a deep understanding of the national Health IT strategy. Qualifications include:
• Six years with the ONC providing subject matter expertise across various programs to include: Health Information Exchange Grant Program, ONC Tech Lab (previously Standards & Interoperability Framework), Patient-Centered Outcomes (PCOR) Coordination Program, and the Health IT Resource Center. Expertise provided included development of rule-making content for the ONC 2015 Edition Health IT Certification Criteria Notice of Proposed Rule Making, the ONC 2014 Edition Release 2 EHR Certification Criteria Final Rule, and the CMS Chronic Care Management Services under the CY 2015 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule. Also serve as standards reviewer for the Annual Interoperability Standards Advisory.
• Three years with the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) Hospital Reducing Readmissions Reporting Program and Hospital Acquired Conditions Reporting Program providing Strategic Planning and Communications Management expertise.
• One year with the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases providing care plan standards expertise.
• Three years of private sector experience advising mobile health solution providers on achieving ONC Health IT Certification and enhancing care plan capabilities.
• Five years of private sector experience in the telecommunications industry implementing enterprise resource planning systems and process improvement initiatives
Evelyn Gallego, MBA, MPH, CPHIMS is presenting at: