Discover how EHR interoperability can support safer and more effective care, particularly in the behavioral healthcare space. The exchange of the most sensitive forms of health data through interoperability poses unique challenges and opportunities for the healthcare industry. Explore how CMIOs can help their organizations develop thoughtful approaches as they shape their interoperability strategies.
· Understand the evolution of EHR interoperability and the unique characteristics of behavioral health data exchange.
· Examine how one leading behavioral health organization approaches data exchange across care facilities inside and outside its network through EHR integration and interoperability.
· Identify trends and examine the current landscape for EHR interoperability with an eye toward behavioral data exchange.
Jim Jirjis, MD, Chief Health Information Officer, HCA; Former CMIO, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
CMIO leaders at this roundtable discussion include:
· John Halamka, MD, MS, Chief Information Officer, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Dr. Halamka will address the evolving interoperability landscape and trends in the industry for addressing the challenges of interoperability in the behavioral health setting. While questions remain regarding privacy, security and policy implications, learn why the time is now for behavioral health treatment to advance through EHR interoperability.
· Mark A. Pearce, MD, Forensic Psychiatrist, CAMH and Ontario Shores
Dr. Mark Pearce will discuss how Ontario Shores has formed partnerships with other behavioral health organizations to share clinical best practices via EHR integration, and how it leverages interoperability to securely share sensitive data outside of its care network.
· Coray Tate, Vice President, Clinical Research, KLAS
Mr. Tate will share research-based observations about the state of EHR interoperability today, and how emerging standards for data exchange are evolving to accommodate privacy and security concerns around sharing behavioral health data.
Stay after the roundtable for the CMIO Networking Reception, 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
Open to all HIMSS19 attendees at no additional cost.Separate registration is requested. Please click here to RSVP.
Event sponsor: MEDITECH