Working with the Media as an Exhibitor at HIMSS17
Share the News of Your Exhibit at HIMSS17
- Announce that your company will be exhibiting at HIMSS17; use the Fill-in-the-Blank News Release for Exhibitors.
- Focus on the value of your product or service to the patient/consumer: How does your company use IT to improve health?
- Use layperson’s terms and avoid technical jargon.
- Post the news release on your website.
Enhance the News with Visuals and Other Information
- Use visuals, such as a video interview with the CEO, if available. Include a video link in the news release, if available, from HIMSS16 (if your company was there).
- Add a photo of the person quoted in the release. Be sure to include a caption with the person’s name and title.
- Link to other relevant content available on your website that supports your exhibit at HIMSS17, such as a podcast, a graphic from a research report or a white paper.
Share the News with Reporters and Your Social Media Audiences
- Send the news release to:
- Reporters on your media list.
- Reporters on the pre-registered media list that HIMSS provides to all exhibitors. The first pre-registered media list will be available on November 30, 2016, after the complimentary webinar for exhibitors – Managing Media Relations at HIMSS17.
- Share the release via your social media channels.
- Make sure others can share the information from your website with social media sharing buttons at the top of the page on the website.
- Review and use the HIMSS17 Social Media Tips.
Attend the November 30, 2016 Complimentary Webinar: Managing Media Relations at HIMSS17
Join this webinar to learn more about working with media who will be at HIMSS17 in Orlando, Florida. This 60-minute webinar focuses on using the pre-registered media lists, setting up one-on-one interviews with media, dropping materials at the HIMSS News Room, and using the Media Interview Room. This webinar includes a panel of 2-3 members of the media who will be at the conference and will share their perspective on the news they look for at the conference. Register now.
For more information, contact: