5 Ways to Differentiate Your Organization with Social Media
1. Create content and conversation
Great social media content:
- Puts the needs of your audience before your own
- Is non-promotional
- Invites responses by asking questions
- Shares provocative, thought-leading insights
- Focuses on the value of health IT
- Celebrates the health IT community and its progress
- Has a clear and engaging call to action
Join us at #HIMSS17, where the brightest minds in health and IT meet: http://ow.ly/jgM9304EE22
2. Listen for and observe audience expectations, concerns and interests.
Be sure to pay attention to:
- The official hashtag for the event on Twitter and Facebook: #HIMSS17
- HIMSS’s social media communications for the event via LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
3. Be present and active.
Be engaged and active in your social presence prior, during and after HIMSS17 to reach a larger health IT audience and influencers:
- Listen and contribute to the greater #HIMSS17 conversation as it unfolds on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Participate in other HIMSS17 social networking events
4. Start a dialogue.
Leverage HIMSS17 to create a dialogue with your audience. Start a discussion via your LinkedIn group, host a Google+ Hangout, have a discussion on your Facebook page, or host a Twitter chat.
Good conversations require you to:
- Connect with your audience’s needs before your own
- Listen and be open-minded
- Be responsive
- Be sincere and genuine
- Show gratitude
5. Create and share a video.
Share your perspectives on key industry topics by creating a video. Shoot a short video and share it via social channels prior, during and after the event using the #HIMSS17 hashtag.