Medical Device Security Symposium: Medical Device Security Information Sharing - Clarity for Action
Medical Device Security Information Sharing - Clarity for Action
Medical device security is now recognized as a major public health problem. This symposium will address the critical functions of the recently launched medical device information sharing and analysis organization (ISAO) initiative co-led by NHISAC and MDISS. Sessions will detail the potential transformative impact of the open and collaborative ISAO on patient safety and privacy; health system and manufacturer cybersecurity operations; and opportunities for stakeholder participation. Key device cybersecurity updates will be provided.
- Discuss key aspects of the Executive Order 13691, its impact on cyber information sharing and the key role for the National Health Information Sharing and Analysis Organization
- Illustrate the impact of cybersecurity information sharing on development of cybersecurity best practices and workforce development
- Identify the value proposition for the medical device Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (ISAO) Initiative
- Describe the evolution and impact of regulatory policy and practice for medical device cybersecurity
- Explain the underlying methods for medical device risk assessment; vulnerability information assessment and sharing; and cyber surveillance and intelligence sharing
*An automatic $100 discount applies if registering for any pre-conference symposium and HIMSS Full Conference (does not apply to discounted registrations, single day, exhibit hall only or events only registration types).