Business of Healthcare Symposium: Succeeding in a Value-Based World
Succeeding in a Value-Based World
The transition from fee-for-service to pay-for-value is one of the greatest financial challenges the U.S. healthcare system faces. Despite a willingness to embrace these new payment models, few provider organizations are administratively prepared to do so. Join us to learn what administrative infrastructure issues your organization should be prepared to address when moving to an alternative payment model, and how early adopters are mitigating the challenges presented with these changes.
- List three major operational changes providers are facing related to the move from fee-for-service to pay-for-value
- Discuss administrative activities that should be considered when developing an action plan for implementing an alternative payment model
- Explain how to use information on service line cost structures to define Alternative Payment Models (APMs) that do not financially penalize providers for delivering fewer services
- Identify innovative strategies and analytics that can help demonstrate how revenue cycle organizations are positioned to improve healthcare finances while providing value to the community
- Articulate recommended organizational and C-suite core competencies necessary to succeed in a value-based world
*An automatic $100 discount applies if registering for any pre-conference symposium and HIMSS Full Conference (does not apply to discounted registrations, single day, exhibit hall only or events only registration types).