Wellness Challenge at HIMSS17
HIMSS challenges you to take on managing your personal health. Show your peers how you are committed to walking the extra step, eating a little healthier and going the extra mile to better manage your health. Register for fun, daily prizes at HIMSS17 by managing your personal wellness through the use of your activity tracker.
New this year - the HIMSS17 Wellness Pavilion!
Presented by Elevation and FIX
Attendees can choose from a wide range of activiities to suit their individual appetites for movement or knowledge in the Wellness Pavilion. Activities can earn additional Wellness Challenge points, and are designed to be low impact, accessible to conference attire, and sweat free. The activity area will include an Elliptical and Treadmill bank and healthy food options throughout the week.
Click the daily agenda link for challenge hours listed below.
Complimentary to all registered& conference attendees. You must bring your own personal device to participate.
Wellness Challenge participants wear a computer-aided activity tracker that monitors fitness-related metrics such as number of steps taken, calories burned and distance walked.
The Wellness Challenge requires separate registration.
Participants must register through the HIMSS17 registration site and choose the Wellness Challenge as an optional event.
- Participants may participate in 1, 2, or all 3 days of the Wellness Challenge
- Participants MUST register for the contest even if they are using their own device.
Following are the daily challenges:
- Monday, February 20 – Day 1 | Steps Taken
- Tuesday, February 21 – Day 2 | Distance Walked
- Wednesday, February 22 – Day 3 | Steps Taken
- Please upload your result to the HIMSS17 mobile site on your smartphone, tablet or computer. All entries must be received by the following times:
- 5:00pm EST on Monday, February 20
- 5:00pm EST on Tuesday, February 21
- 3:00pm EST on Wednesday, February 22
A winner will be announced daily from all eligible entries received. Participants must provide proof of steps taken, calories burned and distance walked by means of their device to accept the prize.
- Monday, February 20 - $300 gift card
- Tuesday, February 21 - $300 gift card
- Wednesday, February 22 - $300 gift card
Winners will be announced during the following dates and times at the Connected Health Experience, located inside of Hall E, Booth 7281.
- Monday, February 20 - Day 1 - 5:15pm EST
- Tuesday, February 21 - Day 2 - 5:15pm EST
- Wednesday, February 22 - Day 3 - 3:45pm EST
ENTRANTS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN
Log Your Steps
Don't forget to log your steps by 5:00pm EST each day. Track your steps or find the "Wellness Challenge" tab in the HIMSS17 mobile app.
Results will need to be recorded by the following times in order to qualify for eligible daily prizes.
How to Sync your Device
HIMSS17 Mobile App
- Download the HIMSS17 Mobile App
- Sign in using your email
- If this is your first time signing in, you may need to reset your password
- Click on Wellness Challenge and create an UtiliFit account
- You will need your badge number located in the bottom left corner of your badge
- This app will be used to record your results for the Wellness Challenge
- Accept Terms and Conditions of the UtiliFit app
- Sync your device to the UtiliFit app